Varicose veins are a common vascular disease that affects many people, particularly women. Knowing that varicose veins are one of the diseases that should not be ignored, as they can cause severe pain and discomfort. Varicose veins can also cause more severe complications and problems.
As a result, if you’re looking for information on the best varicose vein treatments, we can assure you that you’ve come to the right place!
This article will provide you with some medical treatments that you can resort to treat varicose and spider veins and alleviate the pain associated with them.
7. Laser Therapy
Doctors use new technology in laser therapy to close small varicose and spider veins.
Laser treatment works by sending powerful flashes of light into the vein, causing the vein to slowly fade and disappear.
It should be noted that the treatment is carried out under local anesthesia, but if the varicose veins are extensive, the doctor may resort to local anesthesia.
The operation to treat varicose veins usually takes about an hour and the patient can leave the doctor’s office after an hour or two.
Advantages of laser treatment for varicose veins:
- You do not need surgical stitches
- More effective and less painful
- It does not have a high risk
- Does not leave scars like surgical methods
Disadvantages of laser treatment for varicose veins:
- Sometimes the laser treatment is not final, as varicose veins can reappear on the legs, depending on the nature of the body that allows varicose veins to form again.